Sales AssociateBookmark This
732 McClelland Town Rd
DescriptionUnited Rentals, the largest equipment rental company in the world, is offering an exciting opportunity for a Sales Associate ready to grow their sales career with the leader in the industry. To continue our tremendous success and unparalleled growth, we are searching for qualified and ambitious individuals ready to support the increase of revenue for the branch through exceptional customer service and sales initiative. The Sales Associate will report to the Branch Manager and will be instrumental in supporting the branch reach its business plan through profitable revenue generation.
The Sales Associate's primary responsibility is to learn all aspects of the store's operating procedures and sales processes by providing support services to the branch. The Sales Associate will work side by side with the branch's operating staff while participating in a structured, year-long sales training program designed to develop the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to move into the Outside Sales Representative role.
Under the direction of the Branch Manager in concert with established sales representatives, the Sales Associate will establish new rental and sales accounts in niche/fragmented markets through phone and calling and in person visits to potential customers.
In addition, responsibilities will include:
* Identify and generate leads for new business through the use of sales marketing tools.
* Call on lost or dormant accounts to generate business.
* Contact Customers regarding outstanding and unpaid invoices to arrange payment.
* Learn accurate use of United Rentals' computer systems for quotes, rentals, sales, reservations and territory management.
Supporting the branch operations will be a critical role for the Sales Associate. This will include, but not limited to:
* Coordinate with all branch departments to ensure customer satisfaction; communicate all field issues to branch personnel.
* Work with branch Inside Sales Representatives to provide service to new and current customers including but not limited to equipment needs assessment, quotations, catalogs and credit applications.
* Educate customers about equipment through demonstrations and training.
* Negotiate prices on equipment rentals and sales in accordance with pricing policies and procedures
Superior customer service remains the backbone of United Rentals, therefore your willingness and ability to provide this to each customer makes you a top-notch candidate. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required. To be qualified, the ideal candidate will have 6 months of inside sales or operations management experience in the oil and gas industry, or one year experience in a sales related role with proven planning, problem-solving and negotiation skills, excellent interpersonal communication skills, and proficient computer skills with at least 1 year experience using Microsoft Office. The ideal candidate will have proven presentation skills and demonstrate effective sales orientation. We also look for candidates who are independent and possess strong teamwork and organizational skills. Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record is required.