Sales Team AssistantBookmark This
International Sports Management
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionInternational Sports Management, Inc. is the global leader in corporate sports hospitality. Since 1997 we’ve built a client base of over 76% of the Fortune 1000 and many smaller companies as well. Our operations team custom creates hospitality functions centered on over 40 sporting events annually. These events top out at well in excess of $100K+. The packages are designed to entertain elite corporate clients. Our services are utilized to foster key client relationships.
Are you a fast learner with the ability to thrive in a fast pace environment? Do you consider yourself dedicated, driven and assertive? Do you want to use skills that you have learned in the classroom and apply them to the real world? Do you love sports? Then this could be a perfect match!
Our program will teach students about the world of Business to Business sales from the ground up. You will gain valuable knowledge of the inner workings of corporations, executive hierarchy and various types of business models. Throughout the duration of the internship you will gain valuable office, prospecting and negotiating skills. You will work closely with the Account Executives by helping maintain their client database and as time progresses you will be brought in on closing calls and client meetings via phone. You will also get hands on experience with our customized CRM, Salesforce, which is where our data is housed. The work performed on Salesforce is great hands on experience with a program that is the leading cloud based CRM.
A good portion of the workload will revolve around prospecting top executives and Fortune 1000 companies. This will involve spending time on the phone to gain valuable executive information. You will be breaking down companies, researching new divisions and updating accounts and contacts with the most up to date information. This is the most important part of the job, as the information you collect is valuable to the sales team.
The duration of this internship will be a minimum of 12 weeks, with the option for successful candidates to be hired full time.
Hours: Approximately 8 hours, 2 to 3 times per week
**This is a unpaid internship
- Assist with incoming lead qualification
- Lead research using various web tools & internal systems
- Maintain client database
- Shadow Account Executives on calls and meetings
- Assist the Executive Vice President and his Assistant with various projects
- Other sales support related duties as assigned
- Senior or Junior status in a Bachelor Degree program (Preferably Business or Marketing)
- Available at least 16 hours per week (flexible)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Internet savvy and experience with internet research
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Must have an interest in and general knowledge of a variety of sports
- The ability to work independently
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload