Scenic Technician - Fall 2014 InternshipBookmark This
Saint Petersburg, FL
Global Learning Objectives
- Learn about HSN: The overall organization, business unit and department overview.
- Gain exposure to industry and profession that align to desired career path.
Overview of the Internship Opportunity: Works within a team to assemble, store, load-in, strike and maintain scenery used for the live broadcast.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assembly and installation to include finishing and painting of scenery and props for the live broadcast.
- Transport sets and props between broadcast site and off-site storage location.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair of sets and props.
- Maintains the integrity of all set designs by ensuring the set is consistent with the design and visually ready for each airing.
- Working towards a degree in a related field.
- Juniors and seniors preferred
- In order to participate in our TV Internship program, you must be earning college credit
- Must be available to work a minimum of3 daysper week depending on length of semester.
- Previous carpentry experience, scenic carpentry preferred.
- Basic knowledge of studio equipment including sets, props, cameras and lighting equipment.
- Basic knowledge of Word and Outlook.
- Must be able to build and maintain good working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and personalities.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to achieve projects individually and work with a team.
- Climb ladders
- Lift items over 50 lbs.
- Pull items over 50 lbs.
- Push items over 50 lbs.
- Must be comfortable with heights
- Packaging/un-packaging items
- Stand for extending periods of time
- Use of hands or fingers to handle/feel objects tools or controls
- Reach with arms
- Balance, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl
- Close, Distant, Peripheral, Depth vision
- Ability to adjust and focus sight