Scientific Communications InternBookmark This
1100 Johnson Ferry Road
Under general direction, monitors, analyzes, interprets and summarizes scientific/technical information principally relevant to food products. Assists developing, organizing and implementing multiple scientific affairs and communication efforts for trade associations as well as other projects assigned by management. Contributes to the development of research critiques, standby statements, and position statements. Works on assigned projects with the goal of exceeding client expectations, including the internal team and the external association members. Assists with the development and implementation of projects such as newsletters, brochures, presentations, events, web site content and other specialty items for clients as well as handling scientific affairs.
• Review scientific journals, reports, articles, media reports and summarize and critique for clients
• Provide written critiques of relevant scientific articles and coordinate scientific research projects
• Handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Collaborate with team to develop scientific content of Internet sites
• Prepare, track and meet project schedules, reporting to management and ensuring communication is frequent and bi-directional
• Write review articles on various scientific/technical topics.
• Assist with the development of consumer brochures and other materials
• Prepare timelines and write articles for newsletters and press releases
• Coordinate development and placement of trade/professional journal advertisements
• Prepare association meeting materials connected with Board and committee meetings
• Draft minutes of meetings/conference calls and update staff project lists, ensure that items under purview are completed within established timeframes
ResponsibilitiesPlease send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
• BS/BA with some work towards an advanced degree (MS/PhD) in a discipline related to science (e.g., nutrition, biology, chemistry). Food industry and/or nutrition experience a plus. Outstanding written & verbal skills; excellent communicator, conscientious interest in problem-solving and initiative, creativity and determination to evolve successful solutions, ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines. Association experience a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated team player who is accountable for initiating and directing projects through to completion with a minimum of management direction.
• High energy, versatile and multi-task oriented, self-directed and good analytical and organizational skills with consistent attention to detail and deadlines.
• Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel) with the “Can Do” approach to different and diverse software packages.
• Consensus building and leadership skills necessary.
• Must be a positive team player in a challenging and changing environment; includes working with a broad range and levels of personnel.
• Flexibility under competing time requirements and changing deadlines. Excellent focus and a good sense of priorities.