Search Marketing AnalystBookmark This
Search Marketing Analyst-Meta Optimization and Modeling
The Search Marketing Analyst is a key role within the global Travel Meta Search (Meta) team for a strong Business Analyst with a penchant for understanding how the data affects business. This role will play an instrumental part in leveraging emerging granular bidding capabilities across all Meta partners globally. The role will also strengthen our overall global Meta data analysis efforts - including bidding strategy and tests.
The new granular bidding capabilities will deliver additional information/data to the business based on real time Meta partner demand mixed with bidding, pricing and availability at the property level. The successful candidate will facilitate the development, testing, and implementation efforts required for delivering the needs for this new capability and any subsequent features.
As the role is pivotal within the broader Meta and marketing teams, there is opportunity to expand and apply skills, knowledge and experience both regionally and globally.
Global support of Meta optimization and analytics, including TripAdvisor, Kayak, Trivago, Hotels combined placements, as well as any future partners/placements. More specifically:
- Travel Meta Search Bidding and Optimization
- Help drive bidding strategy by analyzing the performance of 100,000+ properties advertised globally
- Identifying and implementing optimization tactics for meta ad placements to maximize channel objectives
- Help drive global Meta testing framework and analysis
- Be point for Meta team in defining reporting requirements
- Work with partner leads to develop actionable reporting
- Other modeling as needed, including ROI/CBA analysis to support prioritization of major initiatives
- Strong analytical skills
- Examples: regression, correlation, modeling, clustering, decision tree / random forest, principal components analysis, etc
- Experience with data manipulation: SQL
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Desirable: R, Business Objects, SAS, SPSS, Tableau, d3.js, Protovis, etc.
- Understanding of online marketing technology and marketing attribution models a plus
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- University Degree with strong analytical experience; ideally Operations Research, Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience in analyzing large transactional datasets and consumer behavioral data in databases, data marts or data warehouses
- Experience of using SQL, Excel, Web Analytics and Query Tools desirable (tools that are an advantage are: Business Objects, Omniture, SAS/SPSS, etc)
- SEM or online marketing experience a plus but not required
About Expedia Inc.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit company website to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Date posted: 08/14/2013