Security AssociateBookmark This
Position reports to the Senior Security Associate, Global Security Command Center and is responsible for the following:
· Conducts license and registration searches for reported suspicious vehicles and driver abstract searches for current employees performing in a driving capacity for the company.
· Prepares a detailed daily summary report of security related issues that occurred in the past 24 hours.
· Updates the Facility Status Line on a daily basis providing the status of the company’s Home Office Properties and Field Offices.
· Monitors the Siemens Fire/Life Safety System in the event of a smoke detector or pull station alarm, water leaks etc. Utilizes the public address system to inform associates of building alarm conditions, evacuations etc. (Plaza and Wash buildings).
· Monitors the EBAS (Engineer Building Automation System) for air intake, HVAC and refrigeration issues. Notifies and partners with Facilities personnel for resolution.
· Monitors the Ademco panel for duress/panic alarm activation. Critical for 24 Plaza. Notifies security personnel if an alarm is activated.
· Secures the Senior Executive floor doors in the event of an emergency.
· Monitors the TABS (Toxin Alerting Building System) system and air quality that may be introduced into the buildings’ ventilation systems for Plaza and Wash buildings. Coordinates with vendor and Facilities personnel to facilitate resolution.
· Provides notifications to 911 and Health Wellness during medical emergencies. Coordinates with Security personnel to facilitate resolution.
· Monitors weather and road conditions during inclement weather. Provides notifications to Facilities and Global Security senior management. Initiates and participates in conference calls with HR senior management, Facilities and Global Security on office closings and weather updates.
· Monitors the Newark Police scanner for incidents that could impact associates. Provides notification to security site managers and Global Security management.
· Monitors the GSCC Mailbox to include NC4 (The National Center for Crisis and Continuity Coordination) security risk notifications. Reviews and forwards information to the appropriate distribution group.
· Monitors approximately 450 cameras for suspicious activity. Submits maintenance requests to CICA for problems with cameras, NVR’s (Network Video Recorder) and monitors.
· Monitors the Schlage Alarm System and acknowledges all door alarms. Notifies site security to insure doors are secured and operating properly.
· Creates PSRS (Prudential Security Reporting System) reports on laptop thefts.
· Strong oral, listening and written communication skills
· Strong customer service focus
· Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
· Proven ability to use sound judgment and make appropriate decisions during potentially stressful situations
· Proven ability to remain calm in pressure situations
· Ability to multi-task, while producing a high quality work product
· Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information
· Self Starter/Independent Worker – Track record of working effectively with limited supervision
· Basic PC and proficiency in Microsoft Office skills
· A plus would be 6 – 12 months experience in a Command Center environment
· Hours are Midnight - 8:00 AM (Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (off days are Tuesday and Wednesday)
· Ability to work overtime, as required