Security Guard - Part Time 1 day/week - Hospital Chicago LakeshoreBookmark This
DescriptionDescription Help Kindred Healthcare be a leader in the long term acute care industry by acting as the Security Guard who protects the life and property of all persons on hospital premises. Police hospital buildings and grounds to prevent fire, theft and vandalism. Serve as a member of the Fire and Safety Response Team.
- Patrol buildings and grounds to prevent fires, theft and vandalism; inspects doors, windows and locks to determine level of security; ensure that only authorized personnel are admitted onto hospital premises
- Investigate incidents of unusual circumstances reported by hospital staff, visitors, physicians or patients; write incident reports and document investigative steps and results
- Respond to emergency calls for assistance to control disorderly or combative patients
- Assist with traffic control by keeping fire lanes, fire hydrants and ambulance entrances free of vehicles; issue parking tickets to vehicle operators who have violated parking regulations
- Inspect fire-fighting equipment, pager units, bio-air packs and other security equipment; promptly report any malfunctions.
- Assist motorists who become stranded on hospital property; escort visitors, patients and employees to/from parking areas
- Maintain information on lost/found logs; notify individuals when items reported as missing are located; inspect outgoing parcels to prevent theft of hospital property
- Issue hospital keys to authorized hospital personnel; maintain accurate log of activity while on duty
Respond to all "Code" situations