Selection InternBookmark This
400 Broadhollow Road Ste. 200
DescriptionNorthwestern Mutual Financial Network was founded in 1857, our company has lived through the Civil War, the Crash of 1929, the Great Depression, two world wars, and numerous recessions. Our experience is extensive. We are well-positioned to help you manage financial risk and achieve financial security in today's complex world.
The intern duties are as follows but not limited to:
• Develop a pool of qualified candidates for the Internship opportunity
• Conduct regular follow-up with Directors to determine the effectiveness of the Intern selection plan and implementation.
• Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate selection.
• Post openings in newspaper advertisements, with professional organizations, schools, and in other position appropriate venues.
• Utilize the Internet for recruitment.
--Post positions to appropriate Internet sources.
--Improve the company website page to assist in selection.
--Research new ways of using the Internet for selection.
--Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
• Administrative work
• Confirming interviews
• Coordinate college selection initiatives
• Attend career fairs for selection and company recognition
• Develop working relationship with colleges to aid in selection
• Work with the Directors of Selection for full time selection efforts
• Perform other special projects as assigned
ResponsibilitiesBA/BS – finishing up with undergraduate college
Must be outgoing and energetic
Northwestern Mutual is a great place to learn and grow as a person by being in a conservative environment and learning how to handle yourself in a professional manner; along with learning more about how Fortune 500 companies work and ways to become more competitive.