Server Firmware Engineer InternBookmark This
DescriptionJob Description: In this position, you will be joining the Server Management Firmware team. You will have the opportunity to design and implement Firmware targeted at Server management and Power and thermal management for mega data centers (a.k.a. Internet Portal data Centers). You will work with a team of Senior Intel Engineers to help explore new firmware architecture, establish viable and reusable firmware designs, and implement and test the required functionality.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must be pursuing a MS or PhDdegree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and/or Electrical Engineering
Additional qualifications include:
- Background in Intel architecture and/or micro-architecture with knowledge of processor, chipset, memory, I/O-subsystems, and bus protocols
- Well versed in software engineering practices
- Solid experience in C development in an embedded environment
- Solid experience in low level kernel and OS subsystems
- Well versed in multithreaded environment such as Linux* and ThreadX* or other RTOS
- Hands on experience in source-level debugging, I2C, oscilloscope and/or bus analyzers
- Ability to study and analyze hardware schematic as part of trouble shooting and creating rework instructions
- Familiar in Agile and Scrum methods is a plus
- Experience with IPMI specification is a plus
- C++, C#, TCL, Scripting and Vector Cast experience is a plus
- Quick learner and be able to handle complex problems related to firmware and its interaction with the hardware