IHOP ACG Texas
4333 Dallas-Ft Worth Turnpike
Provide prompt, efficient, courteous service to all guests. Service includes greeting, seating,taking and serving orders, clearing dishes and resetting tables.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These include the following:
- Develop and maintain professional functional working relationships with IHOPemployees and guests.
- Execute the “Service Success Steps” per the IHOP SOP to ensure a high-qualityguest experience.
- Handle guest complaints in a timely manner, inquire about the quality of the diningexperience, thank guests, and invite them to return.
- Communicate guest food orders and service requests in an accurate andtimely manner.
- Memorize and apply IHOP terminology, abbreviations, methodologies, and platingand menu knowledge.
- Comply with SOP methods in regard to guest checks and maintaining cash control.
- Stock and rotate all needed supplies in the service areas and dining room.
- Comply with all local and SOP health, sanitation, and safety guidelines.
- Clear, clean, and reset tables and clean chairs, booths, and floors after guests leave.
- Perform all cleaning duties according to posted cleaning charts.
- Comply with IHOP uniform and appearance standards per SOP guidelines.
- Perform other assignments or tasks as assigned by the General Manager, AssistantManager, or acting supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individualswith disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Prior experience or training is desired, but may not be required.LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to writeguest checks and simple correspondence. Ability to read and speak English well enough tounderstand guest checks, read instructions, and communicate with guests.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers,common fractions, and decimals.REASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved writtenor oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables instandardized situations.OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
IHOP training coursework as assigned.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by anemployee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to use hands tofinger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and climb orbalance. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee occasionally must lift and/or moveup to 25 pounds.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those anemployee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally is exposed to fumes orairborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.