Service EngineerBookmark This
Electro Motive Diesels
9301 W 55th St
Burr Ridge, IL
DescriptionElectro-Motive Diesel is owned by Progress Rail, a Caterpillar Company. EMD is the world's largest developer and manufacturer of locomotives for freight, intercity passenger, commuter, switching, industrial and mining customers. EMD also designs, develops and manufactures engines and generators for marine applications, offshore and land-based drilling rigs and stationary power units.
Duties: Represent EMD in contacting customers, within a defined territory regarding product service difficulties, causes and corrections. Work involves considerable amount of creativity, perception, and initiative with wide latitude for independent action.
- Provides technical advice to customers regarding proper facilities, tooling, maintenance practices, and operation of product to maximize reliability and performance.
- Assists customers with investigating and correcting product difficulties.
- Promotes EMD's parts and rebuild services, coordinating activities through sales organization.
- Monitors equipment performance providing sales/service management with regular reports and recommendations for technical problem solutions.
- Administers EMD warranty policies and procedures.
• Maintains safe practices and good housekeeping.
- Regular contact with others outside the work group.
- Travel as required.
- College degree with a major in engineering or equivalent training.
• Medium level of oral and written communications skills.
• Medium level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with customers and workforce.
• Medium level of analytical ability where problems are complex.
• Medium level of mechanical and electrical aptitude.
• Knowledge of fundamental inspection and reliability Procedures and processes.
• Ability to read Engineering drawings.
- High Level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult.
• Knowledge of shop practices and basic machinery.
• Willingness to relocate.
- Ability to Travel as required.
- Knowledge of unit service and warranty policies and procedures.
- Thorough product knowledge and mechanical aptitude.
This position is eligible for relocation.
Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer to all persons regardless of race, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era, religion, creed, ancestry or national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.