Service Publications InternBookmark This
Polaris Industries Inc.
DescriptionThis internship is on our Service Publications team in Plymouth, MN. During this internship, the candidate will have exposure to cutting edge XML based technical writing software, a web based Content Management System and various 2D and 3D graphics software tools. More specifically, you will:
* Be a key contributor to our model year 2015 Service Manuals by updating many manuals with text and formatting changes using Arbortext.
* Create the cover art for 2015 Service Manuals using Adobe Illustrator.
* Perform Service Manual edits to correct or improve the HTML layout.
* Upgrade the quality of the graphics for commonly used topics using Creo Illustrate or other graphics authoring software tools.
* Develop common content to be shared across several Service Manuals from content that is unique to each.
* Embrace LEAN principles by documenting processes and recommending improvements.
This internship will provide the selected candidate with real world technical writing experience while utilizing a leading software toolset and working within a team environment that will produce world class documentation for our customers.
* Working toward a Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communications or other related areas.
* Proven academic success
* Demonstrated leadership, communication, and writing skills
* Unrestricted Work Authorization