Service Technician (Pipeline)Bookmark This
NDT Systems & Services
2835 Holmes Road
DescriptionThis position is a field technician who assists in the handling of technical pipeline inspections performed with intelligent inspection tools, interfaces with clients on sites, and shall participate in general workshop support. Send resume to email@example.com.
ResponsibilitiesRole and Responsibilities:
• Rebuild and prepare pipeline inspection tools and support equipment for transportation to the project site
• Assist in launching and trapping of inspection equipment
• Clean equipment after project completion
• Operate forklifts, hoists and cranes as required
• Maintain paperwork connected with the project
• Review opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies at the position level
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Team player
RequirementsQualifications and Educational Requirements:
• Technical Associates Degree or HS Diploma with plus two years of corresponding working experience
• Knowledge of basic electrical assembly
• Must be able to successfully pass background checks and obtain a US Passport, TWIC card, Commercial Drivers License
Pre-employment physical test required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is normally required to work in a field environment and shall follow the best practices according to company standards. The employee must possess reasonable manual dexterity to perform the assigned duties and be capable of effective communications. Specific vision, standing, walking, hearing, and talking abilities required by this job shall be sufficient to perform the assigned duties which include ascending and descending numerous set of stairs while carrying test equipment. Shall be able to endure long work hours and needs stamina to withstand fatigue, stress, and hardship. Ability to routinely lift/carry materials weighing up to 60 pounds. Ability to occasionally lift up to 90 lbs. floor to waist, up to 50 lbs. waist to shoulder and floor to shoulder 50 lbs. Ability to occasionally push up to 400 lbs. and pull up to 250 lbs.
This position normally works in a field environment and work includes extreme conditions: hot, wet, and cold. Additionally, extensive travel that includes domestic, international, and on and off shore, along with evening work are included in the position. This position involves travel to field locations, customer sites, and the NDT shop or test facilities. The travel required for this position is 70% to 90%.