Set Styling Coordinator (Interior Design, Props Stylist) - Fall 2014 InternshipBookmark This
Saint Petersburg, FL
Global Learning Objectives
- Learn about HSN: The overall organization, business unit and department overview.
- Gain exposure to industry and profession that align to desired career path.
Overview of the Internship Opportunity: Dresses sets for assigned shows following standards created by the Sr. Creative Director to effectively support the live broadcast.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Attends to the visual needs of the show from day to day
- Researches current trends in fashion, interior design etc. for set designs.
- Maintains resource library for sets department.
- Maintains and tracks prop inventory.
- You must be currently enrolled in your Junior or Senior year, preferably in a Creative Design Degree
- Detail-oriented and good at managing projects, timelines and deliverables.
- In order to participate in our TV Internship program, you must be earning college credit
- Must be able to participate in a minimum of 3 days per week, depending on length of semester.
- Interested in pursuing a career in a design related field
- Intermediate level knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge and understanding of basic design principles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to build and maintain good working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and personalities
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Works either individually or as part of a team.
- Must be able to comprehend, read, learn, and understand instruction both written and oral
- Loading and unloading of carts
- Lifting, pulling, and pushing items over 20-50 lbs
- Packaging/un-packaging items
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Balance, kneel, crouch, and crawl