Shared Services Intern (Finance Intern I)Bookmark This
Tyco Integrated Security
DescriptionTITLE: SHARED SERVICES INTERN Location: Princeton, NJ Hr./Wk:40 hours per weekWork Authorization:U.S. Citizen, US Permanent ResidentTyco Business Unit: Tyco > Corporate Controller's Group COMPANY OVERVIEW Tyco (NYSE: TYC) is the world's largest pure-play fire and security company. Tyco provides more than three million customers around the globe with the latest fire protection and security products and services. A $10+ billion company, Tyco has more than 69,000 employees in 1,000 locations in nearly 50 countries serving the world's most demanding environments, including banking and financial services, oil and gas, marine, government, healthcare, retail, home security, transportation and commercial and industrial. More information on Tyco can be found at www.tyco.com. JOB OVERVIEW Tyco is offering the opportunity for students majoring in Finance or Computer Science to intern with our Controller's team. The Intern will be exposed to the shared services function supporting the transition of our payables departments offshore and implementing a Global Account Reconciliation software. They will assume responsibility for project-oriented tasks during the tenure of the internship including preparation of presentations for global audiences and analysis of data. Roles Responsibilities - Assist with the implementation of our Global Account Reconciliation Software. - Prepare presentations for various groups worldwide. - Assist with the implementation of our Travel Entertainment Expense Reporting Software. - Participate in project management and communications for the department. - Analyze global data for business insight.
- In pursuit of Bachelors degree in Finance, IT, Project Management, or Business with expected graduation by Spring 2015.
- Basic understanding of financial terms and concepts.
- Possess high energy level, strong work ethic and a desire to learn.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
- Strong interpersonal skill; able to interact with all levels of management
- Possess excellent written and oral communications skills
- High integrity
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Assignment starts June 2014.