Shared Support Maryland, Inc. is Looking for Interns!Bookmark This
Shared Support Maryland
DescriptionShared Support Maryland, Inc. is looking for dynamic undergraduate or graduate interns to assist one of the most progressive agencies working for people with disabilities in the country to get word out about our organization and create and implement a fundraising plan. Contact us if you are a proactive leader with an interest in marketing, communications, fundraising and social justice. In this position the intern will use marketing, communications, and public relations skills to gain hands-on experience and make a huge impact in our Maryland communities!
The internship is unpaid but college credit is available. Persons wishing to be considered must be able to commit a minimum of 10 hours a week.
RequirementsShared Support Maryland, Inc. is a young, vibrant organization. We work mostly virtually but meet regularly to share ideas and successes. You will be joining a group with a stellar national reputation.
We want you to apply if…
• You have a passion for people achieving their dreams;
• You’re a self-starter and committed to the greater good;
• You enjoy navigating unforeseen challenges;
• You’re a creative thinker;
• You’re a team player with a great work ethic;
• You can work independently and get a lot done!
• Define marketing goals and strategies;
• Develop marketing and fundraising materials;
• Research fundraising opportunities and organize fundraising events;
• Assist in the implementation of a marketing/fundraising plan;
• Research funding opportunities/prospects;
• Maintain accurate records;
• Creatively present the stories of the people we support through print and/or film
• Update/improve our website
• Create and improve our marketing materials
• Enthusiastic, team player;
• Able to plan and manage work -- organized self-starter;
• A student in good academic standing;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Experience using basic office software including PowerPoint, Word and Excel;
• Flexible schedule enabling 10 – 30 hours/week;
• Sincere interest in being part of an organization that supports people with disabilities to lead valued and self-determined lives.
• Experience in marketing, communications or fundraising preferred, but not required!