Small Business and Corporate Relations Intern (64-557)Bookmark This
875 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA
Kiva.org was founded upon the fundamental principle that connecting people through lending can help alleviate poverty. To ensure that it succeeds, the company, along with its user base, provides borrowers with the seed capital needed to generate income, and thereby live a life of sustainability and independence. So far, this approach has enabled Kiva to raise $437 million in loans for 1,051,000+ entrepreneurs in 68 countries, momentum which it looks to continue in the coming years as it positions itself to achieve $1 billion in loans across a variety of sectors by 2015.
Kiva's Small Business and Corporate Relations Intern Role:
The Kiva Development Team is looking to substantially grow its base of corporate and small business partners that are committed to Kiva’s mission of alleviating global poverty around the globe. As the Development Team Intern for Small Businesses & Corporations, you will work closely with the Development Manager to research corporations and prospective supporters that may be interested in working with Kiva. Additionally, you will be responsible for managing small businesses inquiries and developing and maintaining relationships with prospective and current donors and Kiva supporters.
This is an ideal position for someone who is looking to get hands-on experience with the business development cultivation process and a general understanding of non-profit fundraising/development strategies.
This is an unpaid internship.
- Research prospective partner corporations.
- Manage and respond to small business inquiries.
- Assist in ongoing communication with supporters to continuously engage and update them with Kiva's mission.
- Provide ongoing general support for the Development Team as needed.
- Highly organized individual with an aptitude for working in a start-up environment. This means being able to take on multiple projects, work independently, manage your time to meet deadlines, and happily tackle work that ranges from high-level responsibilities to tedious tasks.
- Strong research, writing and communication skills are a must.
- Previous experience in business development is preferred.
- Previous experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Must have your own computer to bring to Kiva.
- Opportunity to join the team of the world’s first online person-to-person lending platform.
- Robust educational program and career development opportunities
- References gladly given for successful participants.
Resume and cover letter required. Please specify your availability in the cover letter.