Social Networking InternBookmark This
DescriptionABOUT THE COMPANY:
Dumblebee, a social networking site that forms connections through an advice platform, launched on Friday, June 21st, 2013.
Dumblebee was created to facilitate networking through collaboration and the exchange of advice and ideas. Whether it’s for advice about relationships or the need for a second unbiased opinion from an industry colleague - the aim is allowing members to network within their fields and gain followers in any field. Found both online and via mobile apps (Android & iPhone available) - the question format is designed to generate fast and easy responses.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
• Unpaid, virtual internship (work from home)
• 8 week minimum
• 5-8 hours per week (options are flexible but must be consistent)
• 15-20 intern positions
• Team and individual tasks and challenges
• Training targets include: use of application, best practices with application, “objective specific” posting strategies, “virtual team” management, virtual organization, social media analytics, maximizing social media for networking purposes.
The summer program structure sets specific goal oriented tasks while requiring a minimal weekly time commitment. This structure allows interns to pursue other opportunities while gaining experience and evaluating their desire to pursue a future at Dumblebee. This also affords Dumblebee an opportunity to assess 1) strengths or weaknesses, 2) team cooperation during shared tasks and 3) the ability to organize and lead peers via short term “pet” projects.
The Internship site can be found at:
1. Actively use site and phone app
2. Research / Writing / Publishing / Posting
3. Team projects involving additional social media venues (Youtube, Pinterest, Instagram)
4. Member interaction
5. Individual assignments as arrange with intern
6. Status Reports
• Generate and discuss weekly status reports: progress, problems, challenges, ideas
• Bi-weekly status meetings: progress to date, statistical analysis, planning and task scheduling
RequirementsApplicants (minimum requirements):
• 18 years of age or older
• Advanced computer skills
• Social media / networking experience & interest
• Ability to commit at least 5 hours per week
• Possesses: integrity, self-motivation, creativity, excels with a team, excellent communication skills, compassion
Please submit your resume by email (email@example.com) with a cover letter that explains the following:
• What is your experience with social media to date? Was it social or for your career?
• What is your writing / blogging experience? Tell us about it.
• In your opinion, what is the best way to grow followers?
• What is your plan at the end of this internship?