Social Services Summer InternshipsBookmark This
Elim Christian Services
13020 S. Central Ave.
Palos Heights, IL
DescriptionAssisting/Instructing Adults with Disabilities in a day program. Openings for summer 2012.
Responsible for planning and implementation of instructional needs of adult clients in the day program. Interns provide support and skill training in the areas of residential, vocational or community integration and employment. The Elim Adults Service program serves over 200 adults in areas such as training, personal care, functional academics, daily life and vocational skills, social skills, recreation and leisure opportunities, and community integration.
RequirementsEducation: Currently pursuing a degree in related/human service field. Very open to different majors.
* Must show an interest in working with adults with disabilities
* Must meet state requirements for nurse’s aide registry
* Must be willing to complete training
* Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with clear driving record
* Learn to operate equipment and devices that those served may require
* Ability to interact effectively and sensitively with individuals from diverse background.
Duration: Very flexible-semester, year, school breaks. Any time!
Wages: Unpaid, this is great experience for your resume
Please submit a resume to email@example.com