Social Work InternBookmark This
40 Fountain St, 7th Floor
Year Up's mission is to close the Opportunity Divide in our country by providing urban young adults with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education.
We achieve this through a high-support, high-expectation model that combines marketable job skills, stipends, corporate apprenticeships, college-level coursework, a behavior guidance system and several levels of support to place these young adults on a viable path to economic self-sufficiency. Our intensive training and education program serves urban young adults, ages 18-24, in Boston, New York City, Providence and Washington, D.C. We have achieved excellent results to date: 100% placement of qualified students into apprenticeships, 90% of apprentices meet or exceed partner expectations, 87% of graduates placed in full or part-time positions, and a $14/hr average wage at placement.
Year Up has received numerous awards, including Fast Company Magazine’s Social Capitalist Awards in 2005, 2006, and 2007, recognizing Year Up’s innovative model and social impact. For more information, please visit www.yearup.org.
The Social Work Intern is responsible for supporting the Student Services department for the Providence site. Working collaboratively with the department manager and director, the Social Work Intern will assist in meeting with and recruiting a robust, diverse pool of young professionals for each class. S/he will also assist with coordinating community resources. The successful candidate for this position is detail oriented and extremely organized. S/he must also be flexible enough to work in a fast-paced, growing environment. In keeping with Year Up’s values, the Social Work Intern will also interact with students as an advocate, participating in creating and sustaining a positive educational environment, with trust among students, faculty and worksite leaders.
This is a part-time Social Work intern position, reporting to the Student Services Manager of Year Up – Providence.
• Help evaluate prospective students during the initial intake process.
• Assist in documenting social work interactions using the organizational database.
• Participate in one on one meetings with students.
• Research and identify local high quality resources.
• Develop successful and trusting relationships with the students and create
and sustain an environment at Year Up that supports these relationships.
• Participation in all team and community activities.
• May be called on to support other functional areas of program, as needed
For more information, please contact Katie Rose at email@example.com
• Professional and positive customer service-driven approach
• Outstanding writing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills – with an ability to connect with people from a variety of backgrounds
• A creative, resourceful, responsive style with a strong attention to detail and follow-through and the ability to work independently and as a team player
• Demonstrated success building, managing and growing meaningful, confidential relationships with a wide range of constituents in the greater Rhode Island community
• Highly developed project and time management skills
• Ability to learn new tasks quickly and juggle multiple priorities
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word required; experience with PowerPoint, Outlook and database software preferred
• A passion for working with urban youth and an unshakable belief in their potential
• A strong work ethic and positive attitude, with a willingness to be flexible and do whatever it takes to get the job done
• Prior admissions experience helpful, but not required
• 1 – 3 years professional work experience required