Software Developer InternshipBookmark This
Chevy Chase, MD
DescriptionJob Duties Responsibilities Do you want to gain hands-on experience with an innovative industry leader? Are you looking for a competitively paid IT Internship that will challenge you and provide real opportunities to apply the IT skills that you are learning in college? GEICO’s Underwriting, Reserving and Control department is looking for talented individuals for its current internship program. During this internship, you will gain valuable software development experience in a corporate environment by designing and creating custom applications in the .NET environment.
• Work closely with management, end users, and team members to gather project requirements
• Develop and maintain written project plan
• Design, test, and implement custom application(s)
• Create and maintain project documentation
• Provide regular project updates to management Candidate Qualifications • Major in computer science, engineering, mathematics or other quantitative field
• Cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
• Experience with C# (preferred), Java, Python, or other object-oriented programming language
• Experience with T-SQL (preferred), MySQL, or other structured query language
• Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) a plus How To Apply Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later. About GEICO Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process. Internal Use Only wp123, ind123, dbt, gdoorit