Software Development InternBookmark This
Black Hills Corporation
Rapid City, SD
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Support and assist various projects as assigned within the Companys Information Technology Department. These projects will be assigned consistent with the Companys Internship Program with an emphasis on developing an understanding of the Companys multiple business units and enhancing the interns ability to apply his/her education in a business environment.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:Enterprise Application Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design, program, test, and implement approved solutions.
- Under close supervision, devise or modify procedures to solve problems related to applications issues, troubleshoot user support problems.
- Perform assigned software development and maintenance tasks including development of function specifications, prototypes, programming and testing.
- Perform implementation tasks such as data conversion, software installation, and documentation creation.
- Maintain strong working relationships within the Information Technology department.
- None required.
- College junior or above working towards Bachelor of Science in Information Systems, with preferred emphasis in web architecture or web development.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS also preferred.
- Basic knowledge of database design and SQL queries and stored procedures also preferred.
- Basic knowledge of server based computing environment, including computer hardware, operating systems, networking, and middleware and database management systems.
- Basic knowledge of information engineering concepts, including business area analysis, business system design, data modeling, and application construction.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Participation in the Companys Industry Orientation Experiences, which will include some travel and overnight stays.
- Prepare and present a synopsis of experience with the Company at the end of the internship.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.