Software Engineer InternBookmark This
If you are an individual looking for challenges, have a passion for wide range of technologies and enjoy solving complex technical challenges, get ready to join the Engineering team at Financial Engines. Working in an agile environment, this team focuses on development and enhancement of front end web applications as well as back end apps, analytical / business intelligence applications. A typical feature development spans across multiple layers within the application tech stack at Financial Engines.
- Help team achieve success on assigned projects by handling variety of software development tasks, under the supervision of team lead
- Write front end / back end code using Java and utilize best of breed open source technologies like Struts, Spring, Hibernate and XML
- Help develop / enhance data intensive analytic applications
- Embrace test driven development practices using JUnit, JMock and Selenium
- Become part of our Agile team and help deliver great products using Scrum methodology
- Reasonable experience in programming using Java/C++, JSP and Java Script.
- Basic experience in working with RDBMS like Oracle, MS-SQL Server etc.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- 1-2 years of development / maintenance / implementation experience.
- BS in Computer Science or Equivalent
A plus would be…
- Exposure to the financial services domain
- Strong orientation in the Application / UI area.
About Financial Engines: (NASDAQ: FNGN)
Financial Engines is a fast-growing company dedicated to making high-quality retirement help available to everyone — regardless of how much money they have. We’re proudly independent, which means we don’t make money or earn commissions based on our investment recommendations. Instead, we offer our advisory services to a number of Fortune 500 companies. They, in turn, offer our services to their workers as a valuable employee benefit.
Co-founded in 1996 by Nobel Prize-winning economist Bill Sharpe, Financial Engines currently offers personalized advice for saving, investing and living in retirement to millions of workers nationwide. Our strong ties with employers give us a unique opportunity to form direct relationships with their employees.
Some people love the challenge of investing. Others prefer to focus their time elsewhere, but everyone needs to plan for retirement. Whatever their interest level in investing, Financial Engines combines cutting-edge technology and a personal, human touch to help all types of investors reach their retirement goals.
All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors, L.L.C., a federally registered investment advisor and wholly-owned subsidiary of Financial Engines, Inc. Financial Engines does not guarantee future results.