Software Engineer InternBookmark This
Santa Clara, CA
DescriptionJob Description: Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process.
Currently obtaining a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and/or Electrical Engineering.
Candidate must have 3+ months of work or educational experience with the following:
* Intermediate experience with C/Assembly Software development
* Intermediate experience with standard software engineering practices for version control, configuration management, testing, root cause analysis, and quality assurance
* Intermediate experience with working and navigating in a Linux/Unix environment (i.e. commands savvy, setup, and building)
* Familiar with Linux Kernel Mailing List, Request for Comments, Kernel Coding Conventions, Linux Kernel Architecture/Design
* Working knowledge of Intel architecture or an widely used architecture
* Linux Kernel open source development experience, with a proven and documented contribution to the open source community.
* A passion for writing high-quality, well-architected and well-documented code.
* Track record of developing successful products, from inception to delivery.
* Good communication skills, go-getter attitude, passionate, and self-efficient