Soil Structure InternBookmark This
Capital District Community Gardens
40 River Street
DescriptionAbout Capital District Community Gardens
For more than 35 years, Capital District Community Gardens (CDCG) has worked to reduce the impact poor nutrition has had on public health in the Capital Region by organizing urban community gardens, offering healthy food access, providing nutritional and horticultural education for all ages, and coordinating urban greening programs.
Soil Structure Intern
• Assist the gardening program staff by facilitating soil building efforts
• Correspond regularly with community gardeners to discuss the importance of soil health
• Work with area farms and general services to acquire necessary soil amendments.
• Hours and days are dependent on season
Unpaid, college credit may be available
Interns will have the opportunity to pursue related interests and special projects toward fulfillment of the program. Spring, summer and fall internships are available.
This position reports to the Garden Organizers.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Tara Quackenbush, Senior Garden Organizer, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Soil Structure Intern.”
• Motivated and energetic person
• Enjoy working outside(landscaping, gardening experience is a plus)
• Have an interest in soil science (applies to Soil Structure Intern)
• Strong interpersonal communications and computer skills
• Must be passionate about helping community members grow their own food