Special Events InternshipBookmark This
Empire State Pride Agenda
16 W. 22nd St. 2nd Floor
New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionThe Empire State Pride Agenda is New York’s statewide lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights and advocacy organization. Our mission is to win equality and justice for LGBT New Yorkers and our families. Through our education, organizing and advocacy programs, we work toward creating a broadly diverse alliance of LGBT people and our allies in government, communities of faith, labor, all sectors of the workforce and other social justice movements to achieve equality for LGBT New Yorkers and the broader goals of social, racial and economic justice.
Position Summary: The Special Events Intern will assist the Development and other staff with event planning and execution, research, outreach on online social networks and other fundraising projects as needed.
ResponsibilitiesE-mail resume to droberts AT prideagenda DOT org. No phone calls please.
Requirements• Excellent writing and research skills.
• Computer-savvy. HTML knowledge not required, but a plus.
• Proficiency in word processing, email and internet research.
• Raiser’s Edge or other database experience is a plus, but not required.
• Knowledge of and commitment to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues.
• Interest in non-profit organizations.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Academic, extracurricular activities or work experience in politics, social sciences, public relations, fundraising, etc. a plus.
• Ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ages, ethnicities and sexual and gender identities.
• Familiarity with social networking websites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr.
• Graphic design experience a plus.
- Some office experience preferred.
- First year of college completed or graduate student.
- All majors and backgrounds welcome.