Specialist RAN Engineer TDP Network EngineeringBookmark This
Farmers Branch, TX
The AT&T Network Engineering Development Program is a great opportunity for graduates interested in joining a very dynamic organization using cutting-edge tools and technologies.
We are looking for a focused, energetic individual who is looking to start their career in one of the diverse AT&T Network Planning & Engineering fields. This candidate should be an exceptional graduate with a potential to achieve a high level of performance in a short period of time. This program focuses on rotational assignments, professional development, and extensive coaching to help you gain the experience necessary to become a successful member within the NP&E team at AT&T.
What to Expect:
Network Engineering was created to meet the demands of developing technically talented managers that can help AT&T's network grow in the decades to come. The skills to succeed require candidates to learn new systems and technology quickly, to use data to develop sound network decisions, and to think critically. For those willing to work hard with their team on these goals, this program offers a compelling avenue for career growth and reward. Possible assignments are RF Engineer, Capacity Manager, Capacity Planner, and Project Manager.
Rotational Assignment: Network Engineering candidates will serve in an initial job for 12-24 months and then transition to a second developmental assignment. This will accelerate the candidates' knowledge and understanding of AT&T's network.
Professional Development: This program will provide candidates with monthly professional development opportunities that will include technical and industry briefings from leaders within AT&T as well as leadership instruction on topics like teamwork and conflict resolution.
Coaching: Network Engineering candidates will benefit from formal quarterly counseling with supervisors and constant coaching from supervisors and more experienced peers. Supervisors are specially selected and trained to help the candidates' transition from college to the Network Engineering team.
This is a full-time, paid position with employee benefits.
Provides radio frequency (RF) and/or Radio Access Network (RAN) design. Designs, plans and oversees installation, maintenance and optimization of wireless radio access network communications systems, including radio propagation modeling and prediction, microwave path analysis, interference analysis, frequency coordination, cell site equipment layout, parameter definition and ancillary equipment. Analyzes RAN data to recommend optimal changes to RAN network to improve all the key indexes and performance indicators.
- Nature of Contribution- Technical professional with limited experience. Primarily completes standard work.
- Knowledge - Has basic working knowledge of technical principles and methods within own discipline / specialty area. Integrates basic principles of discipline with processes and procedures to complete own job. Grows current knowledge of AT&T technologies, systems.
- Analysis and Problem Solving - Solves non-routine problems by applying limited judgment to select appropriate standard procedures. Articulates and refines identified issues within own area. Analyzes a variety of factors within applicable standards and procedures to develop solution. Reviews structured technical problems and independently selects appropriate methods.
- Independence - Follows established policies and procedures; plans work priorities with guidance from superiors. Works on assignments of limited scope and limited discretion applied in establishing deadlines and approaches for completing own assignments.
- Contribution to AT&T Technology - Carries out standard work to achieve deadlines. Contributes to maintaining current technologies and/or supports teams in emerging technologies.
- Communication- Exchanges routine technical information in effective and timely manner. Actively engages with others to understand issues and gather necessary information. Presents materials/thoughts effectively one-on-one.
This position may be responsible for contributing to AT&T's compliance with environmental laws and regulations as applicable to its job function. This may include, but is not limited to, work related to fuel tanks, emergency and stand-by generators, boilers, hazardous waste, hazardous materials, batteries, manholes and vaults, water wells, linear and other construction projects, water discharge, or air emissions.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in either Engineering or Computer Science, or a related field.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build and foster collaborative relationships internal to AT&T and to our external business partners.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills to assist in managing and driving issues to resolution.
- Ability to evaluate, select and apply engineering techniques and procedures when making network modifications.
- Applicants must have unrestricted right to work in the US on a permanent basis
- Internship/Co-op/School related project(s) demonstrating desire to work in Telecommunications environment.
- Strong working knowledge of the MS Office suite of tools (MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc).
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V