Sports Journalism Writer - Notre DameBookmark This
Notre Dame, IN
Internship Type: Virtual
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionSportsWatch.com is searching for student writers to contribute content to our college sports website!!! This is a great opportunity to get involved in our new website from the beginning. SportsWatch.com is a website dedicated solely to the coverage of collegiate sports, and will have a dedicated page for each conference and each school. As the site evolves, our fans and readers will get comprehensive information on every sport and every school through quality journalism and an interactive social media platform. The student writers will contribute content weekly to our website, covering assigned events for your respective Universities. Typically, each writer will be assigned two events per week to cover and write a feature on, ranging from college football and basketball, to water polo and tennis. We cover all college sports equally. Check out our original site, Pac12SportsWatch.com to see what it’s all about! The nationwide and newly designed website will be launched spring 2013!
ResponsibilitiesAs a student writer with SportsWatch.com, you will expect to write 1-2 articles per week on assigned events. A schedule will be sent out weekly with events that need to be covered. You will generally be asked to cover events at your respective Universities, but may be asked to cover other events as needed. You will never be expected to attend an event live, although we encourage it, when possible. Each article will range from 5-10 paragraphs. The majority of the content will be game previews, summaries and feature events. We will gladly work with you, and your school to allow you to receive credit for this opportunity, if applicable. Please reach out with any questions!
Requirements- Must have excellent writing skills.
- Prefer candidates to be Journalism or English majors.
- Candidates must have knowledge of collegiate sports, especially within your region and conference.
- Previously published work a plus.
- Must have flexibility to write stories on events on various days/nights of the week, as the coverage of sporting events is time sensitive.
- Position will give no access or permission to contact/interview/receive media access on behalf of the company. All information for articles must be obtained from attending events, watching live broadcasts, internet coverage, on-line press conferences, etc.
- Position is un-paid, part-time and is 100% virtual.