Stop SFI Greenwash Campaign InternBookmark This
1329 N State Street, Suite 302
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionSUMMARY: The intern will be responsible for the ongoing support of the Stop SFI Greenwash campaign. This is a part-time, non-exempt position based in the Bellingham office of ForestEthics.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION: support campaign objectives
1. Corporate Engagement (i.e., researching and contacting Fortune 1000 companies)
2. Event Planning and Organizing (e.g., identifying media opportunities)
3. Communications, Marketing, and Public relations
Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three references to:
1329 N State Street, #302
Bellingham, WA 98225
360-734-2951 x 202
ResponsibilitiesDuties & Responsibilities
Interns will have a varied range of assignments. The duties & responsibilities depend on the project, but could include:
• Research and compile company contact information
• Participate in and assist in preparations for events as necessary
• Social media research
• Trouble-shooting tasks that may involve writing or editing letters and other documents, arranging travel plans, other administrative support, etc.
• Researching social media
• Monitoring mainstream media coverage and maintain media lists
• Producing videos
• Researching, writing, editing, and designing materials
• Assistance in creation of marketing materials, presentations and website
• Administrative work – organizing meetings, creating mailings, note taking, data analysis, etc.
• Writing blog posts and other communications pieces intended for grassroots audiences.
• Raising awareness about current issue campaign priorities using social media tools and conducting outreach to activists.
• Providing administrative support, including compiling daily clips, building and maintaining web pages, performing data entry and other tasks as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Talk, hear
• Clear vision at 25 inches or less to view computer screen and read documents
• Must be able to sit at desk and work on a computer for long periods of time
• Working conditions typical of an office environment
• Exposure to moderate levels of noise such as computers, printers, light traffic
• Sense of humor.
• Strong work ethic.
• Excellent follow-through and time management skills.
• Ability to think and act strategically, prioritize tasks, and manage projects.
• Demonstrated track record of effective teamwork as well as ability to work independently.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong math skills as demonstrated by the ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inference, fractions, percentages, and ratios.
• Very high reasoning skills as demonstrated by the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
• High language skills as demonstrated by the ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret general professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Computer proficiency in basic computer applications including: spreadsheet, word processing, database, contact management systems, and internet. Familiarity with HTML, social media and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access) preferred.
• Demonstrated online communications experience and previous public interest work preferred
• Interest in or knowledge of business, sales, fundraising.
• Knowledge of forest issues and corporate campaigns a plus.
• Previous experience with media relations preferred. Knowledge of media and environmentally focused media a plus.