Strategic Initiatives and Communications InternBookmark This
MTA Capital Construction
New York, NY
DescriptionAs part of the largest transportation provider in North America, MTA Capital Construction(MTACC) was created to manage the Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s largest transit expansion in several generations and to serve the changing transportation needs of its customers for the 21st century.
We are currently seeking applicants for a Strategic Initiatives and Communications Intern.
The Strategic Initiatives & Communications Intern will support the Manager, Strategic Initiatives and Communications in various coordination activities such as assisting in the coordination of project site tours and event planning, providing administrative support for community outreach efforts, and providing writing, editing and research support as necessary.
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE COLLEGE CREDIT OR BE IN A COLLEGE WORK-STUDY PROGRAM, AND BE AVAILABLE A MINIMUM OF 15 HOURS PER WEEK, DURING THE INTERNSHIP ASSIGNMENT.
Responsibilities- Assist in the coordination of construction site visits and event planning.
- Provide writing, editing, and administrative support for various outreach, education, and communications initiatives.
- Develop reports, using MS Excel, to communicate progress and track projects related to departmental activities.
- Develop written business communications and PowerPoint presentation materials under the supervision of the Manager of Strategic Initiatives and Communications.
- Assist in the development and organization of document files and reference materials.
- Research as needed to support the management of tours, research, and outreach databases
Requirements- Exceptional verbal, writing and editing skills are required
- Must have excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Preferred candidates must demonstrate professional maturity and ability to work independently as well as in a team based environment.
- Preferred candidates should have a proven record of successfully interfacing/communicating with the public.
- Prior work and/or academic experiences demonstrating excellent organizational skills and the ability to complete assignments is desired.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Internship participants must be current undergraduate or graduate students in an accredited college or university. Students pursuing degrees in Marketing Research and Communications, Planning, Business Administration will be highly considered.
- Internship participants must be current undergraduate or graduate students in an accredited college or university
- Must be eligible to receive college credit or be in a college work-study program
- Available a minimum of 15 hours per week, during the internship assignment