Business & Strategy AnalystBookmark This
DescriptionJob Category:Business Analyst
Clinical Licensure Required :N/A
Job Type:Full Time Position Summary:
CVS Caremark is seeking a Business and Strategy Analyst in Pharmacy Merchandising to assist with all aspects of the company’s multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical purchasing program. The Pharmacy Merchandising department is critical to supporting CVS Caremark’s ~7,400 retail stores, as well as the pharmacy benefits management division’s mail order business, in order to ensure availability of pharmaceutical products in a dynamic pharmaceuticals industry. This is a position within a fast-paced, collegial environment, providing the individual with an opportunity to positively impact CVS Caremark’s business performance in a high-focus area. This position will report to the Manager of Pharmacy Analytics and Strategy in Rx Merchandising.
• Provide key strategic insights and analytics to drive business decisions across generic and brand pharmaceutical purchasing, wholesaler management, contract management, and operations. Quickly ramp up to new topics within the pharmaceutical industry in order to meet dynamic business requirements and support a variety of business owners.
• Develop complex but flexible quantitative analyses that span pharmaceutical purchasing across CVS Caremark’s Retail, Mail, and Specialty Pharmacy divisions. Work both independently and collaboratively across department lines to produce thorough and consistent analytics. Integrate data from a variety of sources and effectively communicate the implications of analyses.
• Develop recommendations for high-visibility decisions based on data, business intelligence, and critical thinking. Be able to build articulate and high-quality presentations with cohesive messaging in order to persuasively present to management.
• Research and analyze the impact of complex business issues associated with the pharmaceutical market, including market dynamics, product pipelines, FDA actions, and regulatory changes. Support new generic pharmaceutical launches, analyze contract proposals, support ad hoc requests, track supply and/or pricing changes, develop budget expectations, and report on financials.
• Own projects related to a range of pharmaceutical purchasing responsibilities, such as cost reductions, supplier diversification, integration of acquired pharmacies, and supply disruptions. Drive projects from inception to completion, with recognition from executive levels for significant accomplishments. Required Qualifications:
Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint and working knowledge of Access; able to learn a variety of additional applications, such as SAP and MicroStrategy. Superior analytical aptitude with a proven ability to produce results with a high degree of accuracy under tight deadlines. High level of independent judgment, initiative, and sense of ownership; ability to identify needs, prioritize, and deliver on requests with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment. Proven ability to handle multiple tasks with high sense of ownership while ensuring flexibility to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively convey messages to senior leaders in a clear, logical manner. Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization. Preferred Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred. Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units - MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.