Student Intern Technical I Big DataBookmark This
Are you looking for a real challenge? Do you want to learn new skills while working in a fun, energetic and dynamic environment?
The Big DataTeam at AT&T is looking for the very best to join us through an internship in our Technology Development Program. The right student will be given the unmatched opportunity to work on and manipulate data using Big Data techniques and technologies. The student will gain valuable experience through real world business cases and learn how data can be utilized to drive collaborative decisions that directly impact the business. The student will get a front row interactive seat through experiencing how understanding data can lead to enhancing existing business practices, identifying alternative revenue streams that contribute to the bottom line or simply validating business assumptions; this internship will open your eyes to the world of DATA like never before and you will be doing it with a world class innovator at AT&T!
Qualified students will have excellent written and verbal skills; basic data analytics knowledge; strong communication and time management skills preferred. Student must be self motivated and have the ability to quickly learn technical processes.
This program is an 8-12 week program and curriculum may include one or many of the following disciplines:
- Data mining, statistics and analytical modeling using R, SAS and SPSS
- Java/Python, MapReduce
- Hadoop Extraction
- Working towards a bachelors or masters in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, MIS or related technical field
- Excellent communication, self-motivation and teamwork skills are a must
- 3.2 GPA or above preferred
- Any background in Legal is a plus
- Applicants must have unrestricted right to work in the US on a permanent basis
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
- Working towards BS or BA degree in Computer Science, MIS or related technical field
- Good communication, self-motivation and teamwork skills are a must
- 3.2 GPA or above
- Open to US Citizenship or Permanent Residents