Student Intern Technical IBookmark This
DescriptionAT&T Summer Intern - Dallas, TX
Innovation, technology, teamwork, exceptional customer service……..do those words resonate with you? If so, consider joining AT&Ts Summer Intern program. AT&T is seeking Interns to fill the role of Corporate Real Estate Professionals over an approximate 12 week term during the summer.
We are looking for highly motivated, energetic students who have the potential to become future leaders at AT&T. During your internship, you will be exposed to projects that require teamwork, strategic thinking, communication and leadership. In return we will help lay the groundwork for a satisfying career with the most innovative telecommunications company in the world.
AT&Ts Corporate Real Estate organization is seeking a summer intern who will be responsible for conducting a cross-functional review of AT&T’s Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) programs through an intra-organizational partnership between the Field Support, Petroleum Storage Tank (PST) and Technical Support teams in an effort to facilitate AT&T’s compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations, provide employees with a safe and healthful workplace, safeguard the community, and protect the environment. This assignment reports to a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and will be supported and mentored by CSPs from within AT&T’s EH&S organization. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in the development or modification of company EH&S practices, conduct field visits to evaluate the effectiveness of such practices and their implementation, assist in the review of past compliance surveys, plan and observe PST testing, manage a permitting program, attend meetings with business partners and other EH&S teams, participate in regulatory inspections and complete necessary follow-up and documentation for all of these activities. The intern will report their findings and propose cost-effective recommendations to improve the efficiency of EH&S programs to the EH&S Assistant Vice President and Directors in the middle and end of assignment.
By completing this assignment intern will develop skills in leadership, communication and negotiation as well as program development, implementation and maintenance.
Key Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Become familiar with company practices, procedures and systems
- Conduct EH&S related assessments of AT&T locations, systems and processes
- Participate in regulatory inspections and complete necessary follow-up
- Manage EH&S related projects with internal clients
- Review, and interpret unique local agency requirements and assess impact on AT&T
- Participate in development and implementation of EH&S practices
- Deliver guidance to internal clients (management and employees) to ensure, prevent or correct federal, state and local EH&S compliance issues
Desired Education, Skills and Experience:
- Min 3 years enrollment in an EH&S related program
- Knowledge of EH&S regulations
- Strong technical, organizational, communication (oral and written), and managerial skills
- Advanced interpersonal skills
This position may be responsible for contributing to AT&Ts compliance with environmental laws and regulations as applicable to its job function. This may include, but is not limited to, work related to fuel tanks, emergency and stand-by generators, boilers, hazardous waste, hazardous materials, batteries, manholes and vaults, water wells, linear and other construction projects, water discharge, or air emissions.
• Must have completed at least 12 credit hours and pursuing a 4-year degree
• Must be able to clear a background check and drug test and possibly a driver’s license check
• Must be able to operate a personal computer or wireless device
Applicants must have unrestricted right to work in the US on a permanent basis
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V