Student Internship - Special ProjectsBookmark This
**ONLY QUALIFIED ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING STUDENTS SHOULD APPLY**
The role of a Temporary Employee is not permanent and concludes as soon as the assigned project is completed. Project work will focus on one or more of the following: Fuse cut-out identification, pad mount transformer inspection, circuit phasing, and verification of customer-to-transformer assignment, street light circuit verification, and/or equipment, attachment, and ownership verification. Students may perform field patrols in which they assist with data correction and verification of mapping documents in the office. Additionally, some students will be involved in conducting DTE Care Calls in which an investigation of the circuit takes place, a root cause is diagnosed and communicated to the customer. Work will be performed throughout our entire service territory in southeast Michigan.
- Must be a current student attending an accredited University pursuing an Electrical Engineering
- Reliable and available - must be able to work independently
- Highly organized - thousands of maps and forms will be handled during your employment
- Ability to read and decipher mapping documents
- Legible hand-writing - data entry clerks will be entering the information collected in the field
- Basic understanding of electricity preferred - training will be provided at the start of your
- Accuracy - focus of the program is to improve accuracy of various data
- Motivated - you must be able to learn quickly and be self-directed
- Must be safety conscious
- Must be proficient working with computers and operating basic MS Office programs
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle and a valid driver's license
- Must have superb customer service skills
-Part and Full-time opportunities are available
About DTE Energy
DTE Energy is a Fortune 500 company based in Detroit, MI. We are a divesified energy company, involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Our operating units include Detroit Edison, an electric utility serving 2.2 million customers in Southeastern Michigan, MichCon, a natural gas utility serving 1.3 million customers in Michigan and other non-utility, energy businesses focused on coal and gas mid-stream services, power and industrial projects, unconventional gas production and energy trading. Information about DTE Energy is available at .
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.