Stylist - Content / Video / PromoBookmark This
Saint Petersburg, FL
DescriptionThe Cross-Platform Content Team is responsible for conceptualizing and executing unique engaging multi-platform content, developing ongoing content strategy and playing a key role in shaping the overall look feel of HSN original content. A Day in the Life
- Responsible for creative problem solving, design inspiration idea presentation during pre-production process and shoot, special projects, or events.
- Responsible for buying, maintaining, tracking, organizing and storing all accessories and props for each project/production. This could also include working with the Merchandising Team to obtain samples needed to dress set and returning them when complete.
- Scout and assess production needs for shoots on location, and communicate concerns, needs, and budget requirements for scope of project.
- Help design, construct, and style-out sets for use in productions, which includes: steaming clothes or fabrics; styling and setting accessories; dressing models; adjusting props, sets, and scenic pieces; create flower arrangements; and food styling (if food stylist is not available).
- Work within the scenery and props budget for each project: tracking receipts and turning in completed budget information/invoices at the end of the project
- Responsible for striking (takedown) sets as well as taking inventory of used props that will be placed in storage and returning unused props for refund.
- Creates storyboards for design themes, color, furniture selection etc. for upcoming projects (typically 1 month out).
Keys to SuccessMust haves:
- 1-2 years experience in film/television set design and construction; promotional and/or print styling preferred.
- Must have a great visual sensibility/aesthetics and be able to translate that into 3D form.
- Ability to incorporate knowledge of sell needs, brand needs and camera requirements when dressing a set or an event/shoot
- Ability to communicate creative ideas through story boards, mood boards or sketches
- Ability to adapt styling skills to fit HSN objectives and maintain consistency of the theme/tone throughout an event or project.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Must be able to multi-task projects with specific deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Art, Interior Design, or related field
- Experience in promotional and/or print styling