Summer 2014 Internship – Schwab Bank - Information SecurityBookmark This
Summer 2014 Internship – Schwab Bank - Information Security Track
It’s not often you get a chance to work with a company that’s been challenging the conventions of the industry for over 40 years. But that’s what you could be doing next summer!
Schwab’s reason to be is to help our clients create a better future for themselves, their families and their communities. It’s summed up in our tag line: ‘own your tomorrow’, and it permeates everything we do.
Schwab’s Summer Internship Program provides a structured experience integrating learning, business specific projects, and shared experiences with fellow interns. Features of our newly designed Summer 2014 Program include:
- Business Track Project: real work with a Schwab organization that provides a meaningful and valuable experience to translate classroom learning into a real business project (see below for more details)
- Intern Cohort Project: opportunity to partner with other interns to brainstorm and present solutions together
- Training & Learning Activities: structured and facilitated classroom training, team discussions and events, individual assessments and activities, mentorship and senior leader meetings, and on-the-job training
- Feedback Loop: regular feedback from your manager and mentor, career-related discussions, and feedback from you, too
- Ghosting/Shadowing: sit side-by-side with Schwab professionals who serve our clients to get first-hand experience of our business and our focus on clients
As a Schwab Intern, you will have the opportunity to gain support from the interaction with professionals across Schwab, including senior leaders, in addition to a dedicated mentor.. Schwab is a ‘strengths-based’ organization and during your internship you will learn about yourself and how to apply your unique strengths, abilities, and goals to the work you do with us and beyond.
Schwab evaluates intern candidates with one objective approach. We look for students with the following characteristics:
- Optimism and curiosity, who are inspired by a keen sense of purpose, awareness and knowledge
- Adaptability and flexibility, who enjoy working through cross-functional partnerships and collaboration to achieve a common purpose
- An innovative and questioning mindset, who constantly look for better ways to do things
Because interns are considered a primary pipeline for full time opportunities, every intern candidate must be eligible for full time hiring upon graduation and must also meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a current undergraduate or graduate program tracking to a bachelors or masters degree
- Planned graduation between December 2014 and December 2015
- Ability to work full time and on-site at Schwab during the 10-week program, from June 9 to August 15
- Specific skills as needed by Business Track (see below)
Recognized as an industry leader, Schwab’s welcoming culture will embrace your individuality and partner you with other like-minded and solution-focused students. We will invest in your summer experience by providing you direction and leadership for a robust and well-rounded internship as well as a focus on a potential future career with Schwab.
Please Note: For the Summer Internship 2014 Program there will be multiple Business Tracks and we encourage you to apply for all Tracks for which you are qualified and interested. Regardless of which Track you pursue, our goal is to provide each intern with a consistent and unique experience; an experience you won’t soon forget!
Schwab Bank - Information Security Track
The Information Security function at Charles Schwab Bank provides management, oversight, and reporting of the Bank’s Information Security and 3rd Party Vendor IT Oversight Programs to ensure safeguards are in place to secure our clients non-public information (NPI). To achieve this, the Bank’s Information Security team partners with information security experts of internal affiliate organizations as well as 3rd Party vendors utilized by Schwab Bank. Our information security services are in heavy demand and our team is a critical component in Schwab’s commitment to protecting our clients’ non-public information and delivering a stellar client experience.
Brief Description of Role:
The Information Security Intern would participate in one or more Bank Information Security projects to further mature the Program. This would entail using best practice process improvement techniques to assist in streamlining the Program’s processes and tools through various quick hit improvement initiatives, and developing recommendations on enhancement opportunities to be pursued in the future.
Process engineering and/or optimization of security program processes and tools. Development of Information Security Key Risk Indicator metrics and automation techniques. Testing and validation of information security controls for the Bank.
Anticipated graduation date between December 2014 and December 2015. Must be pursuing Master's degree, preferably in technology, security, or operations curriculum. Ability to work full time for 10 weeks from June 9 to August 15, 2014. 3-5 years in Information Technology, Security, or IT Risk Management. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access). Project or project management experience, including business/process analysis Six Sigma Greenbelt certification (Blackbelt or Lean Expert certification desired).
Relocation Offered?: No
Work Schedule: Days
Languages: English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications: None
Relevant Work Experience: No Work Experience
Position Located In: AZ - Phoenix
Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Tuesday, February 4, 2014
Expiration Date: Thursday, May 1, 2014