Summer Camp CoordinatorBookmark This
Bridging the Gap Community Center
3916 Old Lexington Rd.
DescriptionThe Bridging the Gap Community Center for the Bridge Project is seeking Interns for the Bridge Project. The Bridge Project mission is to support under-served middle school age children through athletic, educational and enrichment programs to help them achieve academic success, develop the personal skills and traits necessary to reach their goals and grow as individuals of sound character and reputation.
The Bridging the Gap Community Center is a small grass root and community focused, but successful non-profit looking to expand its mission and services. To do this, Bridge Project is seeking qualified individuals for various internship positions. Because of its structure (with people working remotely from all over the US), BTGCC is looking for independently-driven, but team-oriented individuals who are able to be proactive without direct supervision and with the ability to manage multiple tasks well.
This is a learning environment for disadvantaged youths. We will take field trip and do outdoor events that is connected to learning.
• Coordinate and oversees during programs
• Work with youth in educational activities
• Attend and supervise local day trips
• Help implement daily activities and lesson plans
• Help students with educational struggles and goals
• Lead activities during summer program from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m
• Help with local fundraising and awareness
• Discuss and help further plan summer program activities with personal feedback
• Be willing to work with other organizational positions to better the program
RequirementsThe internship is ideal for junior professionals with bachelors and students seeking masters or PhDs whose background or experience, degree and majors include Agriculture & Earth Care; Environmental Studies & Science; Public Health and Nutrition: Social Work; Mass Communication & Journalism; Business Communications, English, Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design, and/or related areas:
• Students who are pursuing a degree in Public Administration, Nonprofit Management, Communication, Organizational Management, Business, or a related field of study
• Interest in working in the nonprofit or public sector
• Comfort in working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Self-sufficient and self-motivated, requiring little supervision
• A passion for supporting local, community and Educational systems and social justice for rights academic success and achievement
• A team player who is able to take instruction from upper management and staff, while working independently with other interns and volunteers.
• A self-starter who can takes initiative with little to no direction
• A resourceful specialist with excellent time management
• A quick learner with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, flexible environment
• Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to foster lasting community relationship
Knowledge of After School programs, summer camp programs, Life skills training, community impact and transitional programs.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Program Director (Managing Director), the Summer Camp Intern (Director) will spearhead development efforts as Bridging the Gap Nonprofit continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development functions.