Summer Internship - Program Intern - Worcester, MABookmark This
Center for Women and Enterprise
50 Elm Street
DescriptionSince our establishment in 1995, the Center for Women & Enterprise has become the largest women’s business center in the United States. Our agency was founded to empower women to become economically self sufficient and prosper through business and entrepreneurship. If our mission sparks your interest this is an ideal learning environment for you.
The Center for Women & Enterprise gives women the tools to realize their dreams of business ownership. In 17 years CWE has:
• Trained over 28,029 women (and men)
• Helped entrepreneurs create over 36,910 new jobs
• Generated more than $1.02 bllion in wages
• Secured $33 million for clients in business loans
• Certified more than 1,319 women-owned businesses
• Provided legal counsel to more than 1,200 individuals
CWE is committed to providing our clients with the best instructors, workshop leaders and consultants to assist them with starting and growing a business every step of the way. Our clients are provided with exceptional entrepreneurial training that will help move their businesses to the next level.
Come Work With Us!
Without question, the key to our success is derived from the quality of the people we hire, the training and development they receive, and the resources they are given with which to perform. Center for Women & Enterprise is constantly on the lookout for quality individuals seeking a career in a fun, dynamic, and professional environment.
We are presently seeking a Program Intern for our Worcester office who is interested in learning firsthand about the nonprofit sector as well as empowering women with the tools and resources to be successful entrepreneurs.
ResponsibilitiesSpecific duties will include: supporting the marketing of workshops and classes (e.g., designing, creating and sending out flyers), preparation of materials for classes, assisting with class registrations, invitations and reminders as needed, general logistical and office support in day-to-day program management. The Program Intern may also work on special projects in other departments as needed. Working hours and start and end dates for the internship are flexible, and the Intern is expected to commit to a minimum of 15 hours a week.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Ivette Olmeda, Program Manager at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Requirements• Obtaining B.S. or B.A.
• Preferred majors: Marketing, Journalism/Communications, Business Management, Non-profit Management, Entrepreneurship, Spanish, Education, or Urban Studies.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills- MS Office and database skills preferred.
• Commitment/Desire to learn about the non-profit sector and entrepreneurship.
• English/Spanish bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.