Supply Chain InternBookmark This
Univar USA Inc
17425 NE Union Hill Rd
DescriptionWhatever you’re looking for in a career, you’ll find it at Univar USA – from challenges to opportunity to growth. As North America’s leading chemical distributor we offer a wide range of career options, personal and professional growth and an atmosphere where people enjoy working together. We offer paid internships that provide a great opportunity for you to apply critical thinking skills and the knowledge gained from your current curriculum in a real-world professional environment.
The Supply Chain Analyst Intern will be responsible for assisting supply chain-operations analysis, problem solving, general business analysis, research and developing various reports for the supply chain organization. The analysis conducted will help support the management of all aspects of the supplier relationships including delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management and customer satisfaction.
A day in your internship:
• You will work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a collaborative team of professionals who are passionate and driven.
• You will have a practical, hands-on experience which will allow you to develop your skills and knowledge and gain valuable work experience.
• You will have the opportunity to see first-hand how the knowledge and skills you obtain in your current college curriculum can be applied in a business environment, and you can bring new knowledge and ideas to the team.
ResponsibilitiesYour responsibilities will include:
• Perform analysis of supply chain data
• Assist in improving processes and activities for inventory days of supply/turns and decrease excess/obsolete inventory
• Utilize process-mapping techniques to document and provide a baseline for improvement of various supply chain related processes
• Support Supply Chain Operations team in managing inventory levels to established targets, monitor and report performance
• Ensure accuracy of metrics and identify the underlying drivers behind performance
• Support the development and documentation of processes and training requirements around supply chain strategies
• Prepare reports to illustrate trends and identify root causes through detailed analysis of key data, including recommendations for corrective action and continuous improvement opportunities
• Must be enrolled in College pursuing a degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations Management or equivalent
• 3.5 GPA or above preferred, 3.0 GPA or above required
• Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Proficient with other Microsoft Office programs
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated business intuition skills
• Ability to communicate clearly through written and oral communications
• Practical understanding of principals of project management and team facilitation
• Ability to work with all levels of the organization
• Intellectually bright, enthusiastic and proactive
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Energetic and persistent focus on timely delivery
• A thoughtful listener with a straightforward, honest and direct communication style
• Reliable, resilient and flexible