Supply Chain Intern/Co-Op - PackagingBookmark This
Polaris Industries Inc.
DescriptionPolaris' Intern Program offers a unique opportunity for highly motivated, innovative, and inspired individuals to work in a challenging assignment where contribution, teamwork, and communication are vital to the success of the organization.
Each intern assignment consists of challenging projects with specific goals, providing opportunities for personal growth and development. Interns that demonstrate outstanding qualities may be invited back the following year for a second internship or to interview for full-time positions.
The Packaging Intern will help lead the design and procurement in all areas of packaging at Polaris with a focus on compatibility, material flow and cost. Develop and test packages, package components and packaging systems that best meet the needs of internal/external customers and business goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage Ship-N-Store returnable containers and crates operationally.
· Forecast need for returnable containers.
· Seek and recommend suppliers for all forms of packaging.
· Evaluate packaging design for compatibility with current or future manufacturing systems.
· Recommend best methods for packaging.
· Work closely with Purchasing and Materials to manage quality, cost, delivery and Logistics.
· Provide technical and resource information to entire organization for packaging.
· Seek out and coordinate cost reduction opportunities.
· Identify opportunities for returnable packaging and drive implementation through Supply Chain.
· Negotiate pricing with assistance from Purchasing.
· Work closely with and be the point of contact with 3rd party Logistics consultants.
· Review new designs and parts to recommend special packaging needs
· Evaluates compliance acceptance with Compliance group.
· Maintains standard pack data and informs affected personnel of changes.
· Updates PFEP data for containers.
· Resolves part quality issues caused by containers.
· Completion of sophomore year
· Majoring in Supply Chain, Packaging, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
· Knowledge of material flow and lean production techniques
· Communicates effectively at all organizational levels, both orally and in writing.
· Thinks “outside the box” and thrives on problem solving
· Strong organizational skills. Ability to manage several complex projects at the same time.
· Knowledge of Microsoft office software for analysis, reporting and presentations helpful.
Superior undergraduate academic record - 3.0 GPA or higher. Proven strength in analysis and creative problem solving, communication, interpersonal relationships, self-motivation, and leadership.