Supply Chain Intern/Co-Op - PurchasingBookmark This
Polaris Industries Inc.
In this role, the Purchasing Intern/Co-Op will work with the Polaris purchasing team to manage the supply base of the number one Powersports manufacturer in the world. As a Purchasing Intern at Polaris Industries, you will develop fundamental purchasing and analytic experience that can set you on the path for success in your future supply chain career.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work as part of a Purchasing Commodity team on initiatives to drive world-class quality, cost reductions, delivery/flexibility, and product innovation from our supply base.
· Learn and use the key supplier management processes that Polaris utilizes to manage a world-wide supply base. This includes processes in supplier selection, material planning, supplier quality, and inbound material management.
· Work on real world, substantive supply chain projects requiring the application of analytical, problem-solving, and people skills to execute Polaris’ commodity strategies.
· Use Polaris’ new product development process and work with Polaris Engineering team to develop sourcing plans for world-class, innovative new products.
· Projects assigned will provide intern an opportunity to work cross-functionally with quality, manufacturing, logistics, accounting, and other functional areas as required. Opportunities to visit Polaris and supplier manufacturing locations also will be available.
· Develop and utilize lean supply chain tools to reduce waste within Polaris’ supply chain.
¨ Currently pursuing a 4-year Degree in Supply Chain Operations Management or Engineering.
¨ Ability to lead and/or participate in multiple projects in parallel.
¨ Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
¨ Strong analytical and presentation skills.
¨ Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel PowerPoint.
¨ Knowledge of ERP systems desired but not mandatory
¨ Successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who can adapt to a fast paced environment
¨ Effective negotiation, communication, decision making and problem solving skills.
¨ Highly organized and effective in managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
¨ Ability and desire to work with cross-functional teams and in a matrix organization
¨ Ability to professionally represent Polaris by developing productive working relationships with suppliers.
¨ Previous internship experience is a plus.