Supply Chain Student Co-op 1Bookmark This
- Support Procurement teams in the following assignments and duties driven by organizational and business needs:
o Buying and Expediting
o Market Intelligence
o Spend Analysis
o Rate Competitiveness Studies
o Material Inventory Tracking
o Supplier Compliance
o Account Payable processes
o Procurement and Business strategic and tactical key process reviews
- Contact vendors to expedite or follow-up on open PO report to assist Buyer on vendor backorders and shortages.
- Learn purchase order placement. Issue Request for Quotes, analyze pricing, work with requisitioned to obtain additional info when necessary, etc. Work with buyers to understand materials and services needed to support all BU areas...
- Support external events (i.e. organization and planning, Diversity, Go See's, engagement events)
- Support Safety compliances
- Participate improving Supply Chain performance metrics
- Learn Supplier Performance Management process.
- Support Warehouse teams in the following assignments and duties driven by organizational and business needs:
- Assist with improving barcoding system in various warehouse locations...
- Assist with creation of Plan for Every part within various warehouse locations.
- Work with warehouse and service center teams to improve cycle counting processes and procedures and systematic optimization of inventory levels in warehouses and tool cribs
- Help warehouse team to improve footprint planning and space utilization.
- Work with Warehouse Manager to perform cost analysis on current inventory. Identify reasons inventory value is increasing and track data.
- Benchmark other utilities and utilize connections through USA to identify best practices.
- Support Supply Chain Management Project initiatives; Value Chain Project, technology and inventory improvement strategies.
- Assist with improving material planning and forecasting
- Learn and Support the Investment Recovery and Material Transportation business areas.
- Have strong academic performance and career interest in Supply Chain Management.
- Possess leadership potential.
- Are open to learning and exploring a variety of Procurement/Supply Chain business areas.
- Excellent communication skills (both Written and Spoken)
- Ability to work semi-autonomously, taking strategic guidelines and translating into tactical work
- Value teamwork, diversity and integrity.
- Computer skills with Microsoft products (Excel, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Access) SAP, SRM and Maxim experience a plus
- Education: Business Undergraduate or Graduate students will be considered. Supply Chain, Business, Engineering
- Demonstrate analytical skills and business skills
GPA requirement - 2..7
About DTE Energy
DTE Energy is a Fortune 500 company based in Detroit, MI. We are a diversified energy company, involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Our operating units include DTE Electric, an electric utility serving 2.2 million customers in Southeastern Michigan, DTE Gas, a natural gas utility serving 1.3 million customers in Michigan and other non-utility, energy businesses focused on coal and gas mid-stream services, power and industrial projects, unconventional gas production and energy trading. Information about DTE Energy is available at http://www.dteenergy.com
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.