Supply Network Operations InternBookmark This
Procter & Gamble
DescriptionMost people think of everyday actions as ordinary.We don't.For 175 years, we have been innovating for the seemingly ordinary detergent, toothpaste, diapers, shampooand so much more. All because we believe that with the benefits of our everyday products, ordinary actions can have extraordinary effects. We call this The Everyday Effect.We believe everyone deserves an extraordinary day, every day. Join us in creating extraordinary moments every day. PG serves approximately 4.6 billion people around the world with its brands, operates in approximately 75 countries worldwide, and has the strongest portfolio of trusted, quality, leadership brands,including Pampers, Tide, Pantene, Gillette, Oral-B, and Old Spice. Our Internship program provides you with the opportunity to experience the real work ofSupply Network Operationsand developa wide range of skills, while giving you a strong understanding of the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry, as well as the PG culture. Procter Gamble has been recognized as leading the way in the development and usage of best supply chain practices. The Procter Gamble Internship Program in Customer Logistics is a 10-12 week commitment designed for candidates from one semester to two years away from receiving their degree and encompasses a broad spectrum of experiences. As a member of the Customer Services Logistics team, you will:
- Own processes that support the flow of materials and product to and from PG facilities.
- Be responsible for leading Total Supply Chain Improvement Projects that will reduce cost, improve service, and remove time from the supply chain.
- Be expected to identify opportunities, develop action plans, and lead improvement projects.
- Be responsible to deliver key results for the business and build systems to sustain the improvements.
- Develop strategies that will keep us leading the marketplace in logistics services
- Manage logistics information, customer orders and the prompt delivery of finished product to our trade customers.
Intern Qualifications: Working toward a BS or MS in Logistics/Supply Chain, Transportation, Business Administration, or Industrial Engineering Must be available to work for 10-12 consecutive weeks over the Summer of 2014 Must be in good academic standing (GPA 3.0) Qualified candidates must be willing to relocate throughout their career Qualified candidates must be willing to travel on the job Entry level positions are located in Cincinnati, Ohio; Fayetteville, Arkansas; or Minneapolis, Minnesota. Travel between sites may require personal transportationdepending on the role. Procter Gamble is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No immigration sponsorship is available for this position. Procter Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency except in some areas that in Procter Gamble's sole discretion require highly specialized backgrounds. Procter Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.