Sustainability coordinatorBookmark This
Falls Church, VA
DescriptionThis dynamic position will be reporting to the Director of a national initiative focused on environmental sustainability in healthcare. This position will offer practical experience and relevant insight into various aspects of managing a national campaign. It will allow for the chance to get hands-on experience in the development of new projects and initiatives targeting a range of sustainability subject areas.
This position also offers the opportunity to work alongside leaders in the rapidly-emerging field of healthcare sustainability. It is a very exciting opportunity for young, motivated professionals interested in directly contributing to the evolution of the healthcare or sustainability industries. Position will help support communications and outreach for the campaign as well as general campaign support.
This is paid internship
ResponsibilitiesThis position will directly support a variety of internal projects. Within this position, there are opportunities to work on both the strategic and technical sides of project management, communications and outreach/engagement. The individual filling this role will help plan, implement and support a wide range of initiatives to help promote environmental sustainability nationally.
Sample duties include:
- Blog Management : Manage blog content both with writing blogs as well as coordinating content from industry leaders
- Webinar Coordination : Liaison with national industry leaders to coordinate monthly webinars related to environmental sustainability. This may also including gathering bios and coordinating moderating calls
- Website support : develop new areas of website such as a speaker's bureau, presentation library and policy library
- Communications Support: Development of presentations for national and regional conferences as well as coordinate case study development
- Project Management: Organize and collect progress reports
Requirements• Strong research skills with demonstrated experience (either through coursework or extracurricular activities)
• Think-outside-the-box mentality which lends itself to developing new programs and identifying untapped opportunities
• Strong communications skills including the writing skills (please provide a 1-2 page writing sample)
• Ability to multi-task while successfully maintaining a tight schedule
• Team player who thrives when working with others
• Motivated self-starter who will take initiative for their work but not be afraid to ask questions
• Microsoft Office software experience
• Knowledge of sustainability principles a plus
• Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination.
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude a MUST