Swim Coach Part TimeBookmark This
YMCA of Greater Boston
Hyde Park, MA
Position Type: Part-Time
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Director, this position is responsible for the supervision and management of all facets of the competitive swimming program at the YMCA of Greater Boston.
• Develop, implement, and oversee competitive and precompetitive swimming programs.
• Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate all paid and volunteer instructors and lifeguards as programs dictate and budget guidelines allow. Ensure that all staff have appropriate and updated certifications on file.
• Monitor program registrations and participant records.
• Ensure quality and technical consistency throughout programming and across coaches.
• Complete YMCA and USA Swimming team registrations as required yearly.
• Write and implement workouts for each practice.
• Maintain up to date records.
• Organize year round meet calendar. Write and submit all line ups for all meets. Attend, manage, and run all meets as needed.
• Maintain a professional image and manner consistent with the YMCA mission and goals.
• Engage in active listening with members in order to build relationships, understand each individual’s goals and interests and take the initiative to assist in the achievement of those goals.
• Create or manage a parent volunteer committee and act as a liaison between the committee and the YMCA.
• All other duties as assigned or needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
• Primarily evening and weekends, some weekends will require early morning practices or meets.
• Travel will be necessary meets and potentially practice sites.
Education and Experience:
• At least 21 years of age.
• At least 2 years competitive swimming coaching experience.
• Physically and verbally able to interact with members and staff.
• At times, be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Child Abuse Prevention (within first four weeks of employment)
• Respect in the Workplace (Sexual Harassment Prevention)
• CPR, First Aid, O2
• YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming Diving
• USA Swimming Certification (as required by location)
• Safety Training for Coaches or YMCA Lifeguarding