Swim Instructor Part timeBookmark This
YMCA of Greater Boston
Job Classification: Hourly (non-exempt)
Swim Instructors should have experience teaching swim lessons and enjoy working with people, especially children as many lesson opportunities are with children.
- Provide excellent member service by exceeding member expectations.
- Engage in active listening with members in order to build relationships, understand individual’s goals and interests while taking the initiative to assist in the achievement of those goals.
- Report on the deck 10 minutes before the scheduled shift dressed in a bathing suit.
- Agree to teach for an entire session. Absenteeism MUST be kept to a minimum. Please see Supervisor for substitution policy.
- Maintain accurate attendance for each class as well as updated skill completions. Any student missing 3 classes should be reported to the Aquatic Director.
- Take notes as need on the strengths and weaknesses of each child in the class.
- Maintain control and safety of the class. Keep a watchful eye on everyone in the class.
- Exercise good judgment, competence in meeting the goals, objectives, needs and interest of the YMCA, the class as a whole and the individual student.
- Incorporate all five-program components: personal safety, water orientation/stroke development, water sports and games, rescue and personal growth.
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- First Aid
- O2 Administration
- Swim Instructor training (Preferred)