Systems Analyst, Revenue CycleBookmark This
St. Joseph's Health
3615 19th Street
DescriptionSt. Joseph Health (SJH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system sponsored by the St. Joseph Health Ministry and organized into three regions: Northern California, Southern California, West Texas/Eastern New Mexico.SJH provides a full range of care from facilities including 14 acute care hospitals, home health agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities, community clinics, and physician organizations. SJH maintains a 'continuum of care,' matched to the diverse needs of the urban centers, smaller cities and rural communities in three states. For the third year in a row in 2009, the Gallup Organization awarded St. Joseph Health its highest honor - the Great Workplace Award. SJH provides exceptional benefits, opportunities for advancement and relocation within the system.St. Joseph Health is comprised of four core values: Service, Excellence, Dignity, and Justice are the guiding principles of all we do.Excellent compensation program and benefits provided. SJH is an EEO/AA Employer.
St. Joseph Health is looking for a Systems Analystto support the Reporting Analytics department. The successful candidate addresses revenue cycle application and related tasks for our hospitals located in Lubbock Texas. The Systems Analyst, under the direction of the System and Analytics Manager is primarily responsible for day to day management of revenue cycle systems. The Systems Analyst is responsible for system troubleshooting, testing, error remediation, as well as reviewing and implementing system modification requests. This individual acts as consultant, facilitator, and teacher for department staff with respect to routine and special technical operations. In addition, the Systems Analyst works closely with SJHS IS resources to facilitate large system alterations and acts as the primary system support for assigned revenue cycle applications. Minimum Position QualificationsEducation: Bachelor's in information management, business, or related field or equivalent experience required.Experience: Minimum of one year experience as Systems Analyst. Preferred Position Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, preferred.
- 3 or more years of technical experience in a healthcare environment, preferred.
- Meditech certification in B/AR, ABS, and/or ADM
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills for regular effective contact with technical constituents of all levels.
- Project management/organizational skills to facilitate problem solving. Experience in problem solving related to computer applications, preferably in applications closely related to those for which responsibility will be assigned.
- High-level personal computer skills to master Meditech system for as needed for job duties. High-level PC skills for effective and efficient use of industry standard office support software packages (e.g., MSOffice, EDI, etc.) and to effectively interact with vendor websites.
- Basic knowledge of programming logic and techniques.
- Able to evaluate requests for services, judge appropriateness, set appropriate priorities, and communicate priorities to peers and customers tactfully but effectively in order to maintain positive working relationships and confidence from customer areas.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Work independently, be self directed, and work effectively with individuals that have a wide diversified background.
- Strong analytical skills, including math and computer skills, customer service experience.
- Provide user support and training for technologies of revenue cycle tools including but not limited to Meditech HIS (B/AR, ABS, and ADM ), billing system (E-Premis), and revenue cycle bolt-on tools (GPS, etc.) as assigned. Sample tasks may include:
- Institution of billing editor requests
- System User Creation
- Application Modifications (e.g., worklist development/modifications, coding changes, etc)
- Application Maintenance (e.g., Meditech table maintenance)
- Report development / modification
- Select among authorized procedures and seek assistance when guidelines are inadequate, significant deviations are proposed, or when unanticipated problems arise.
- Responsible for handling systems issues and working with SJHS IS and vendor support for resolution.
- Develop and maintain system documentation to support system functionality changes and new processes.
- Prepare detailed flow charts and diagrams outlining systems capabilities and processes.
- Liaise with IS resources to coordinate IS driven initiatives and communicate/resolve ongoing system related issues.
- Coordinate with system vendors and SJHS IS to implement periodic system updates.
- Conduct technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system.
- Responsible for completion of periodic Meditech account maintenance (e.g., address Medical Record duplicates as needed)