TECHNICAL APPLICATIONS ANALYST IIBookmark This
6565 Fannin St.
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of five hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and four community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, an international business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 15,000 employees. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
Applications Analyst II focuses on work assignments for implementing and supporting the back end of computer application systems. Serves as a technical expert in the area of application administration, upgrades and patching on small to medium scale clinical applications. Must have the ability to troubleshoot at the operating system, database, and application levels and leverage available tools to provide resolution or technical analysis to vendor or Infrastucture teams as needed. Must have the ability to develop and maintain key customer and vendor relationships. Must be able to provide the timely implementation of and ongoing maintenance of applications, and provide a stable and dependable foundation for enhanced user productivity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install, configure, and support software applications, wherein quality assurance and quality control support is maintained for all systems
- Assess status of applications and systems in real-time to support the requirements of the customers and meet their goals for stability, up-time, and performance
- Establish guidelines and methods for the installation, support, and management of all supported applications
- Assess performance and scalability of application environments in review of operating systems, application software, database performance, and communications throughput
- Create and maintain documentation repository used by the support team to assist in adequately supporting computer systems, applications, and applications interfaces
- Interact and communicate effectively (oral and written) technical/complex information with customers, team members, vendors, and management in a timely manner
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships to effectively manage expectations
- Participate in on-call rotation and incident management notification support responsibilities
- Proactively communicate potential or current issues, plans for resolution, status updates and their effect on the department to customers and Management
- Understand and follow Change Management practices and procedures and proactively perform impact analysis of pending changes
- Anticipate client needs before they arise and communicate them to Team Lead or Manager for solution development
- Propose solutions to problems and consider timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing client needs
- Clearly articulate ideas and thoughts through written and verbal communications
- Share acquired skills with team members through documentation and training
- Adhere to system, division and department policies, procedures, guidelines and standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
' Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline with an information technology focus required.
' 4 - 6 years of experience in developing full life cycle BI / data warehousing solutions.
' 4+ years experience using ETL tools preferable Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services.
' Strong knowledge of database technologies and data warehouse methodologies including data warehouse design and development.
' 3+ years experience using BI tools, preferably Oracle ' OBIEE including developing the OBIEE RPD, Business Model and Presentation Layer.
' Advanced SQL server based SQL coding and database programming skills required.
' Previous experience in a healthcare organization a plus.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to immediately support clinical applications on multiple database and operating systems platforms including Windows Server Windows 2003/2008 and SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 and Unix AIX / Oracle configurations. We are primarily focused on ability to support Windows applications and SQL server immediately
- Strong ability to problem solve and generate innovative solutions in conjunction with customers, vendors, and Information Technology
- Knowledge of commonly used programming concepts, practices and procedures within the Information Technology field
- Able to develop and run SQL queries with variety of third party tools and SQL Server tools
- Knowledge of SQL Server administration tasks and familiarity with SSMS, SQL Profiler, SSRS and SSIS a plus
- Knowledge and appreciation for Development, Training, Testing, and Production staging and change management practices between environments
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Methodist is firmly bound. Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Methodist on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic information or status as a Vietnam-era veteran or special disabled veteran .