TV Visual Coordination (Back Stage Coordinator) - Fall 2014 InternshipBookmark This
Saint Petersburg, FL
Global Learning Objectives:
- Learn about HSN: the overall organization, business unit and department overview.
- Gain exposure to industry and profession that align to desired career path.
Overview of the Internship Opportunity:
- Learn about live television production, with an emphasis on product display for retail TV.
- Attain knowledge of the live show and product display that is not taught in class.
- Gain first-hand experience to the point where the student knows what to expect when going out into the real world.
- Get behind the scenes exposure to studio production in a live, 24/7 environment.
- Get behind the scenes exposure to product styling and Talent interaction.
We are looking for:
- Creative students with a positive attitude, willing to develop new skills, and work effectively in a Team environment.
- Motivated students who thrive in a fast-paced environment, and have good time-management skills.
- TV Production or Design related majors (or similar) seeking experience in a live show atmosphere.
- Professionalism in communication and personal presentation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Shadowing Visual Coordinators and Visual Specialists.
- Assisting Coordinators and Specialists with day-to-day responsibilities including: unpacking, steaming, sorting, verifying quantities and quality, creating displays, table trafficking and other aspects of broadcast product display.
- Completing offline Projects that could include: product prep, prop and supply maintenance, product return, or other Departmental needs
- Classes in Television Production or Design, or related subjects. Some retail experience is helpful, but not required
- Some experience dealing with Customers or Guests.
- Punctuality and regular attendance
- Juniors and seniors preferred
- In order to participate in our TV Internship program, you must be earning college credit
- Must be able to participate in a minimum of 3 days per week, depending on length of semester
- Push/pull/lift up to 35lbs
- Standing/walking for majority of shift
- Wearing headset (with broadcast audio) for up to 8 hours
- Packaging/un-packaging items