Talent Acquisition InternBookmark This
99 Conifer Hill Drive, 1st Fl
DescriptionFor more than a decade, Educate Online has built gateway skills for Career and College Readiness through personalized, live online instruction in reading, math and writing for K-20 students. Learners connect and interact with an Educate Online faculty member through our online learning environment. Our instructors are U.S.-based educators with state-certifications and/or advanced degrees committed to helping build academic achievement and maximizing student outcomes.
Educate Online’s mastery-based approach produces significant academic gains: on average, students experience more than a 1.0 grade-level improvement in just 25 hours of one-on-one instruction. Our faculty members are passionate pioneers helping us shape the future of education through our unique learning model. To date, over two million sessions have been delivered to students in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia. Educate Online’s main offices are located in Danvers, MA and Baltimore, MD.
We are seeking a new Talent Acquisition Intern to help with our iSTART interview and selection program recruiting faculty across the country for part time remotely-based positions. An interest in human resources and business with a knack for sales and marketing is a must.
Length of Internship & Hours
Fall 2013 - Length of internship is negotiable.
This is an unpaid, non-benefit eligible position that may be Full Time or Part Time with a flexible work schedule.
Director of Human Resources
- Attend meetings to gain valuable experience working within cross-functional teams
- Shadow select staff to see a Day in the Life of…
- Hone business communication skills
- Hands on experience developing, implementing and analyzing effectiveness of corporate recruitment initiatives
Responsibilities- Assist with sourcing and recruiting faculty and staff
- Research new employment branding venues and build distribution channel database
- Communicate and follow up with job applicants
- Perform reference checks on applicants
- Data entry and maintenance of highly detailed information into multiple databases
- Copying, filing and faxing documents
Requirements- High School degree or equivalent required
- Completed or pursuing an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree with an interest in Business/Human Resources
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Access experience a plus
- Strong customer service skills
- Cooperative attitude with team-oriented disposition
- Good sense of humor and outgoing demeanor!